Tuesday, February 1, 2011

After School Visual Artist for Meridian Library

These are Batik scarves that I did with a group of kids at the
Meridian Library. I volunteered to do their after school art program, which lasted for about 6 months. The kids, boys and girls, did these Batik scarves for their mothers for mother's day. They were so excited to do this project, and the scarves turned out fabulous. I purchased about 8 used irons and 6 used electric
frying pans from Idaho Youth Ranch and other second hands places so that I could teach Batik in large groups. The library paid for the wax and the dye. I included little gift bags with tissue paper as well so the kids didn't have to rely on their dads to get their scarves wrapped. I took the scarves home to dry them in between so they were ready for the following week. The following week I had the kids decorate their brown paper bags with handles. Other projects included the "Recycled Robots" and "Faux Leather Binders" which were stitched with paper inside.

No comments: