Friday, February 4, 2011

Art Metals









The images from left to right: a raised cup in copper, a sanddollar in copper and brass, hotwheels in cast bronze and leggo wheels, a bowl sunk in copper. I really had fun with most of these projects. The sinking and raising of bowls and cups was really quite fun; the planishing was the best part. The sanddollar was a great project as well and I enjoyed making something that reminded me of home. The hot wheels was my least favorite project, it involved casting three found objects, trading with classmates and winding up with three that we had to put together in a narrative. I ended up a frog, a half of hollow pepper and a slice of pizza. My narrative is about a memory of playing with my brothers hot wheels cars and his yellow hot wheels race track. I wasn't able to find any yellow tracks or a piece of that would have been included.

No comments: