Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mid Coast Art Glass and Restoration













These are just a few images of the work that I was commissioned to do when I had my glass business. I started this business both out of enjoying the hobby of glass work and out of the need to pay for the hobby. I first started by putting displays up in local stores like lumber companies that put in kitchens, a local clay place, and places that sold windows and doors. I made business cards, and advertised in both the newspaper and the yellow pages of the phone book. My business exploded within a year and I was booked a year in advance for commission pieces. I was the only stained glass business in the coastal area of Maine. My mentors, Jim Nutting and Nel Bernard, who own Maine Art Glass Studio and Gallery, sent business my way that they didn't have time to do, and I would send business their way that was too big for me to do. They continued to mentor me when there was something that I didn't know or when I needed help on certain projects. Sadly I was forced to close my business when we moved to Idaho and shortly after I began attending classes at University of Nevada Reno. My hope is to start teaching classes again, and maybe a little bit of commission work once I graduate.

No comments: