Friday, February 4, 2011

Sculpture

These are images of two sculptures that I completed in my advanced sculpture class Fall 2010 semester at Boise State University. In the first piece, the human heart with the needle through it, the assignment was to take a small object and enlarge it, and take a large object and shrink it then put them together to create a sculpture with a meaning. Because heart disease was big in my family and I lost both my brother and dad from enlarged hearts within 6 months of each other I decided on a needle through the heart to represent heart attack. The second piece was a pez with a little duck on it, I cast the fly out of wax and added the fly in between the pez dispenser and the duck. The assignment again was to take two objects and create a narrative. The whole idea behind this piece was how Pez puts cutsy or popular characters on top of their dispensers to lure kids to buy their product and eat their candy, while at the same time rotting their teeth. The fly represents both the marketers who use any means possible to sell products and tooth decay.

No comments: