Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Art Metals


These are images of some of the projects that I worked on in my art metals class at Boise State under the direction of Professor Anika Smulovitz. The first image from left to right; guitar pic and sterling silver earrings (an assignment), the other three pairs of earrings, ring and bracelets were done for fun on my own time.
The second image contains a few of my plexiglass themed rings I did for our multiples assignment and metals sale.
The next photo is my "Breathe" necklace which was done as an assignment. The reuirement was to use multiples of an object and create an adornment with it.
My daughter is an asthmatic and I had a collection of hundreds of these asthma medication vials along with an outdated nebulizer, so I created this piece. I also used the twist off tops of the medicine vials to add to the necklace.
To the right of the "Breathe" necklace is just some computer part earrings and necklace that I was experimenting with. Although the necklace and earrings are pretty simple looking they are really quite pretty as jewlery and I have been experiementing with cutting the materials and trying to layer different shapes and pieces.


No comments: